||Spring Return, Double Acting
||Anodized Aluminium, PTFE Coating, Epoxy Coating,
||90°, 120°, 135°, 180°
||-55°C to +155°C
||Dry/Lubricated Air, Inert/Non-Corrosive Gases
||2.5 Bar (36 PSI) Minimum – 8 Bar (116 PSI) Maximum
||SIL3 IEC 61508, ATEX 94/9/EC, GOST, GOST-R, EN 60529 IEC 529
Rack and pinion actuators form part of the linear actuation range that converts linear motion to rotary which enables the on/off and application control of quarter turn ball, butterfly and ball valves. This rotary action is achieved through the use of double integral pistons and racks that drive the connecting pinion.
Double acting pneumatic rack and pinion actuators have constant torque throughout the whole stoke process. This enables the customer to be able to size the actuator based on the maximum valve toque alone. All of Actuation Valve & Control’s pneumatic actuators are based on an air supply of 5.5 Bar and feature a minimum safety factor 30%.
Spring return pneumatic rack and pinion actuators have four different torque values throughout the stroke process. These are the air torques at 0° & 90° when the actuator is pressurised and the spring torques at 0° & 90° when the actuator is air pressure is discharged. All of these factors and torque curves must be taken into account for correct valve sizing.
Features And Benefits Of Pneumatic Rack And Pinion Actuators:
Pneumatic rack and pinion actuators offer many features and benefits for the operational actuation of ball, butterfly and plug valves.
- The compact and lightweight design provides an easy installation with a virtually maintenance free fit and forget unit.
- Varied operational usage provides industries and applications with fast acting, fail-safe solutions for cycles requiring single to hundreds of operations per day.
- Low initial outlays and long life cycles offer cost-effective solutions to that of expensive electric equivalents.
- Direct mount facilities and international standard iso platforms allow quick assembly, testing and despatch for critical applications.
- Clockwise or counterclockwise setup available based on end users requirements.